I am the Personal Representative of an Estate and Want to Sell the House

What should I do, where should I start. Most people did not ever intend to become the Personal Representative of an Estate in Florida, but were appointed “Personal Representative” of the Estate of a loved one either in the will, or by a Probate Court Judge. This task can be difficult and draining, specially when it is the first time this happens to you and you have no clue what to do next.

Florida Probate Law mandates that any Personal Representative in Florida must be represented by a attorney, this varies from State to State, and the Personal Representative in other States can also be called the “Executor” which is the same thing.

In Florida, you must publish a “Notice to Creditors” in order to give potential creditors of the deceased 90 days to come forward with any claims against the deceased estate. This does not mean that if there is a property you want to sell in the estate, you have to wait 3 months to get the property under contract. The problem you will most certainly face, is that few people understand how to purchase an Estate Property, and how to even fill out the required paperwork, so do NOT trust real estate agents, brokers, or investors who are not absolute experts in Probate Real Estate.

If you need help selling a house or condo in probate, contact us at info@urgenthomesale.com, or call us at 305-600-1814, or to find a reliable Probate Attorney in Florida call 305-600-1814 Now!